I’m finding that far too often I’m having dreams of desserts and then I’m haunted for days by the vision of my dreams and the only way to deal with it is to bake away the dream….psychologists, scientists, astrologists, you hear this!? I’m a freak of nature.
So here we are, LOADED BISCOTTI!!!! 🍪
I made vanilla biscotti, melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips, dipped the biscotti in said melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, then topped half with crushed up @cadburydairymilkca Mini Eggs and the other half with @hersheyscanada Skor bits and @hersheyscanada Chocolate Chip-It Hearts and then let them set.
According to my Dad (who told me he didn’t want any and then ate two) they’re “mmm, oh wow, that’s good”.
You can find the recipe for Vanilla biscotti below!
- 6 tbsp butter (coconut oil works as a great substitute )
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder until mixture is smooth
- Add eggs and mix
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour until mixture is smooth
- OPTIONAL: add nuts or chocolate chips and mix
- Line a pan with parchment paper OR a silicon baking sheet, and lay batter into a flat log shape in the middle of the pan. I usually end up using my hand and a small offset spatula to evenly lay out the batter
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325F
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then cut biscotti into slices (approx 0.5"-1" slices)
- Bake biscotti for another 20 minutes at 325F - flipping cookies half way for an even bake
- Cool on a wire rack
- OPTIONAL: For 'Loaded Biscotti' let cookies cool completely, melt chocolate in a double boiler and dip your cookies. While the chocolate is still melted add any toppings you like and let set.
What I used:
Unbleached All Purpose Flour
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pingback: When small, supports small it makes a BIG impact – Shop Olde Town City Candle Co. – There is a Hole in This Cake